Gateway MX6920 Notebook

2 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed OS X x86 10.4.8 from JaS. It boots and even lets me install software and runs everything without a glitch, but however, there are a few exceptions. The computer doesn't recognize my wireless internet, audio, or my PCMCIA slot.

Specs:

Make: Gateway

Model: MX6920

Processor(s): 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo

Ram: 1 GB

Wireless Card: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

PCMCIA Adapter: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Audio: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Now I have gotten a couple of different things for the wireless card, but one didn't work and the other caused an error upon reboot after performing the Terminal command with the "iwi3945.kext" file, and I was forced to redo the entire system and start all over again. So if anybody knows how to solve any or all of these things (without causing the computer to crash) and can give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to do it properly, please comment.

• 1 month later...
I have successfully installed OS X x86 10.4.8 from JaS. It boots and even lets me install software and runs everything without a glitch, but however, there are a few exceptions. The computer doesn't recognize my wireless internet, audio, or my PCMCIA slot.

Specs:

Make: Gateway

Model: MX6920

Processor(s): 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo

Ram: 1 GB

Wireless Card: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

PCMCIA Adapter: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Audio: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Now I have gotten a couple of different things for the wireless card, but one didn't work and the other caused an error upon reboot after performing the Terminal command with the "iwi3945.kext" file, and I was forced to redo the entire system and start all over again. So if anybody knows how to solve any or all of these things (without causing the computer to crash) and can give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to do it properly, please comment.

ive got mx6030. Wireless and lan work, but cant get keyboard and trackpad to work at all. howd you get to it to work?