A limit to success.

atzero.

2 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm about to give this Mac OSX X86 installation another go. Before I set up my computer on a system with a Pentium 4 Processor computer.

Specs:

-Pentium 4 2.66

-1 Gb Ram

-Intel Accelerated graphics 64mb video memory (my ATI X700 pro had compatibility issues, it ran but performance was extremely low)

Mac OSX installed beautifully with a hacked version of the Operating system but was a little bit sluggish.

Now that I know its possible and very do able, I plan on installing it to new hardware. I want it to be more legitimate though. No hacked disc if possible and deffinately a real serial key.

My specs for my new machine are going to be as follows (they are comming in the mail right now):

-Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

-MSI Motherboard

-1 GB Ram(soon to be upgraded to 2)

-ATI X1900 GT (Saphire)

Would a normal OFFICIAL Mac OSX Disc install or drag its feet?

If not, what direction should I go?

Okay, I'm about to give this Mac OSX X86 installation another go. Before I set up my computer on a system with a Pentium 4 Processor computer.

Specs:

-Pentium 4 2.66

-1 Gb Ram

-Intel Accelerated graphics 64mb video memory (my ATI X700 pro had compatibility issues, it ran but performance was extremely low)

Mac OSX installed beautifully with a hacked version of the Operating system but was a little bit sluggish.

Now that I know its possible and very do able, I plan on installing it to new hardware. I want it to be more legitimate though. No hacked disc if possible and deffinately a real serial key.

My specs for my new machine are going to be as follows (they are comming in the mail right now):

-Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

-MSI Motherboard

-1 GB Ram(soon to be upgraded to 2)

-ATI X1900 GT (Saphire)

Would a normal OFFICIAL Mac OSX Disc install or drag its feet?

If not, what direction should I go?

Dude, for the up-teenth time, THERE IS NO INTEL OFFICIAL INSTALL DISC, only ppc

Just d/l the latest install disc from the usual sites...or just try searching...

But thanks for playing!