too high resolution for my screen

Nyri1

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I have downloaded Jas-10.4.8-Intel-Amd-SSE2-SSE3.iso and i installed successfully. But after the computer loaded the apple logo, the screen turned black and it said "over range" (this signal come from the monitor itself) and then nothing display at all. I think it may be at a high resolution that my monitor can't handle (my lcd monitor only 15" & max. resolution 1024x768), so I searched in this forum and i tried to type -x , "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" after i press F8, and i even tried to press shift button when mac boots but all can't work (it still said over range). My PC config is below:

p4 2.4G

Asus p4p800

512 DDR400

Seagate 40G

Nvidia Fx 5200

and i select "Jas Intel 10.4.8 ATA Kexts included", "Support for the most common hardware" and the "Titan Nvidia and ATi support" patchs. Do I select the wrong patchs? Or Would anyone tell me how to change the resolution before boot?

Thanks.

Nyri1

if so, you can try to reinstall OSX without "Titan Nvidia and ATi support"patchs.

coz many problems will annoye us if we choose the unfit patchs.

now I have OSX without the patchs above

good luck! :)

sirius!

if so, you can try to reinstall OSX without "Titan Nvidia and ATi support"patchs.

coz many problems will annoye us if we choose the unfit patchs.

now I have OSX without the patchs above

good luck! :)

sirius!

ok i will reinstall without this patch now

Thank you for your kind reply :)

Sorry for the late reply

When i reinstall the mac without the "Titan Nvidia and ATi support" patch, it struck at the mac logo booting page...(it became freeze and no response). I have taken photo:

macbooterrorhl1.th.jpg

and when i boot into windows it crash! At last I realized that i accidently blow up all the partition! So I spend hours to install windows and all drivers. (That's why i reply so late)

by the way, do anyone know what is the problem? if i install the Titan patch, the screen will over range, but if i don't install this patch, it struck at apple logo booting page. :whistle:

So Would anyone can tell me how can i boot into mac successfully?

Thanks.

Nyri1