GeForce.* problems with reboot

nateleav76

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys... I don't post much (1 post.. haha), but am on this board daily reading posts. I have successfully installed 10.4.8 onto my Biostar nforce4 board with a SATA disk for os and a SATA RAID for my Users data. It works awesome!! .. and i don't have to worry about my data because osx is on my first drive. I also have a Geforce 7800 GT working awesome with QE/QI (or whatever). My hack actually runs better than my MacBook Pro which is pretty awesome! I can post some guides if there is any interest.

Anyway.. my only problem is that I have to replace my GeForce.* files on every reboot. For some reason when I reboot it doesn't load up.. but once i boot with -s and remove and replace my GeForce.* files it works perfect. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Oh, and props to all the programmers who've put in major hours to make this all happen!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Ramm,

Yeah, I repair permissions, reboot,... and it pauses right before the login window pulls up. So I boot with -s and remove Geforce.* files. I then replace the files and reboot, and am able to successfully pull up osx. Can someone help?

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem. I'm running on a Tyan Thunder K8WE-S2895 strictly PATA right now because I had an annoying bear of a time getting OS X installed. (Originally I thought it was due to some drive/driver issue regarding the PATA/SATA controller, turned out to be a semi-faulty DVD drive wtf...)

Anyway, I'm running an Asus X1900XTX and I get the same error you do where it'll hang trying to load the login window.

However, if I reboot it'll work... sometimes. Sometimes rebooting just once does it, sometimes I have to reboot several times. I usually have to watch and see if the screen flickers when it's loading the login window if it does, I'm good to go if it doesn't I'm screwed.

Although I wonder if when it doesn't if it's trying to run off the other DVI port? Dunno will have to try that tonight.

Also, you said you were running SATA Raid for your data? I thought the NForce4 SATA driver didn't support RAID??

Hmmm Ok, so get this.... if I try to boot and get hung up on the Apple Login Windows load, I hold the power button down till the machine shuts off. PULL the power cord from my computer and wait a couple of seconds plug it back in and viola comes right up. So far it's worked without fail.

Not sure if this will solve your problem give it a shot and let us know!