Post-Installation Problems on a thinkpad x60s

linear

4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I am quite happy to be writing this on my new installation of osx86 10.4.8 SSE3

8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec  9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

I have managed to get the wifi working using the IBM wireless card per these instructions (with devid =pci168c,1014)

Aethos Wifi Hack

Sound out is working great per these instructions

AD1981 instructions

But I still have some remaining issues.

Power Management: Although I can shutdown, restart and have a seemingly accurate battery meter, the computer often seems to heat up and never cool off. I have read a few threads, but wasn't sure if I already have that solution? How can I tell? I'd like for the fan to turn off when unnecessary and to sleep.. (I know these are ongoing issues, I am asking if anyone with a similar config [thinkpad anyone?] has solved this). Oh thankfully the second time I installed osx86 I added the Laptop Power Management package and that seems to have fixed the ability to change the screen brightness.

Wifi Prefs: When I turn off the computer, my wifi icon disappears and I have to reenable it every time I start the computer... very weird.

Scroll Button: The middle button on the thinkpads for scrolling thankfully works in Mozilla firefox, but nothing else... Is there something I can do?

Lastly the Audio hotkey buttons don't always work. I could have sworn they were working yesterday, but right now they seem to do anything.

Thanks for any and all help. I'm just happy to be running osx on a portable with a nice keyboard, not a track pad, and a right click button. :police:

Hi,

I have the same thinkpad with the same problems, except for the wireless i've got a 3945abg card which doesn't work at all.

Another problem is standy/sleep mode. When i resume from suspend the laptop reboots and so doesn't resume from sleep. Does it work for you?

grtz.

Hi,

I have the same thinkpad with the same problems, except for the wireless i've got a 3945abg card which doesn't work at all.

Another problem is standy/sleep mode. When i resume from suspend the laptop reboots and so doesn't resume from sleep. Does it work for you?

grtz.

The last time I tried to sleep it shuts off. I can't resume at all, and instead must restart.

OK I am getting very confused. I got a new HD and am triple booting on my laptop (XPPro, Ubuntu, and osx88 10.4.8).

This time when I installed, the wireless prefs stay (YES!), but I cannot dim the display with the Fn Key combinations.... I am pretty sure I did the same installation as last time..

Any ideas?