10.4.6 freezes on boot, Lenovo 3000 N100

under_dog

3 posts in this topic

You guys at insanelymac are amazing. At first I started reading your forums with no plans of attempting a OSX install on a PC. Your guides are so complete, some how I ended up thinking I could do it too. I tried to be careful and read all relavent posts.

Lenovo 3000 N100 Intel T2060 @ 1.60GHz / RAM 1.99 GB / 945GM Express Chipset / 2 cores / 64-bit capable No / SSE3 / 120 GB HITACHI HD

Partitioned with Gpart

C: Windows XP 30 GB

D: Vista 40 GB

E: FAT32 no OS 11 GB

F: OSX 10.4.6 30 GB

Boot Manager: Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0

Had to copy XP partition, rename and Made OSX partition Active.

Media: DVD-R

Media Brand: ?

Burned W/: Nero 7.0.0.0

OSX Ver: 10.4.6

Download location: NEWZ BIN

Trouble: OSX locks up after dvd install reboot, select mac from Acronis OS selector. I see the Darwin x86, the grey apple screen, and the it locks up right away on the silver mac screen with 1 blue progress bar. I let is sit for 2 hours. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help or maybe a link to the fix if I missed it. :( I have included a screen shot simular to the one I get locked up on.

figure008pt5.th.gif

I am so retarded - After I used Gpart to format over my XP, Vista, and OSX [because the boot screen wasnt working] I figured out what I was doing wrong. Right before clicking install, I forgot to click the customize button and check the Intel Amd patches. 13 minutes later I am running OSX with no trouble.