No Boot up

nurseman

2 posts in this topic

I tried to uupgrade with JaS.10.4.9.combo.intel.sse3. After the reboot it goes to the blue screen with the spinning cursor then I get the multi language message saying it needs to be restarted. I can get into safe mode but I'm not quite sure waht to do. I had read in a post on another site that just booting in safe mode may fix it but no go... any ideas? By the way I am new to unix and mac. Thanks for any input. :(

hi, i am not using 10.4.9 but 10.4.6 and sometimes i get the same problem as you that i keep getting the screen saying that you have to reboot the computer and booting into safe mode does work but its not as fun as normal booting. i figured out that before the computer boots up take out everything that's USB (yes even your keyboard and mouse) unless you have a usb hard drive for mac then leave that in. then if you turn your pc on and get it to boot into mac with the only usb thing plugged in being a possible USB drive, it should boot up normally. if it does then great and on the login screen plug everything back in.

if you need the keyboard to tell it to boot to mac, try to boot up from the install disk and let it timeout. hope it helps.

p.s. i don't know wether it really helps but it always seems to work for me!

good luck