OS X 10.4.8 JaS on VMware

arcana_nigra

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I got some trouble by trying to install OS X 10.4.8 JaS on an virtual machine.

I tried to use gparted to make a HFS partition but I could only make a partition of 2GB on my virtual 8GB HD.

I tried and failed.

Then I tried to install on unformatted space by using disk utitities on the insallation menu to format it.

And failed !

I always get this nag when installation menu starts:

error001fk6.png

When I try to use disk utilities I get this after a time:

error002rw9.png

I hope you can help me ;-)

There´s another question I have:It takes a lot of time (ca. 20 min.) to load the installation menu. Do you 

hink my notebook (Pentium M 1,73 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, 100GB HD) hasen´t enough preformance or does it always take so long ?

There are plenty of tutorials for this.

Basically, what you need to do is to read.

I tried to use gparted to make a HFS partition but I could only make a partition of 2GB on my virtual 8GB HD.

I tried and failed.

I am no expert... but by my research on the web i have found the following and this could help you...

1) when you format a partition to HFS, yes you will only get a 2GB partition

2) the install of OS X x86 requires almost 6GB

3) try formatting it in HFS+, this will allow you to allocate space up to some 16TB

4) i am assuming you are using gparted natively in Ubuntu live, and i am not sure about the specifications of the program, but you can format using the Disk Utility in the drop down menu for the OS X install... WARNING: you cannot just format and keep all of your files on the other partitions, formatting to HFS+ will completely erase all files on all partitions. make sure you understand this before doing so.

5) after you install just hope your Darwin Bootloader will load your new OS, if not a different error may have occurred.