iTunes addon that is sweet called You Control Tunes

Technobob

9 posts in this topic

What version of Mac OS are you running becuase Synergy won't run in 10.4.3 for me. Plus Synergy is 5 euro's this program is free.

You can try to request on their page the lastest beta

it's also x86 universal binary for 10.4.3 :(

I've just tried the unibin Synergy classic 2.2 with both iTunes PPC and unibin and it doesn't work with either on 10.4.3. Clicking the preferences button brings up an error:

"You cannot open synergy preferences pane on this computer. Contact the developer of this software for a newer version."

Maybe it checks for 10.4.1.

Update: Synergy Advance 0.2 works with iTunes unibin on 10.4.3 :( Need to try Growl now.

Just an update, the new Synergy classic 2.3 RC2 is a proper unibin including the application (in 2.2 only the installer was unibin).

Works great on 10.4.3 with iTunes unibin. Runs fast with minimal CPU usage compared to the PPC YouControl. Unfortunately it's not freeware though.

http://wincent.com/a/products/synergy-clas.../Synergy2.3.dmg

Edited by Tak

I tried the unibin of Synergy and it works but I'm not impressed. Except for the fancier overlay's it does not come close to the functionality of You Control Tunes. I like You Control for the menus for easy access to my music, none in Synergy. I did not see any differance between the two program when it come to speed.