2 times HDD starts having HICKUPS after 2 days 10.4.3 installations

jordanvanbergen

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I would like to know if others are having the same problem as me. I have installed osx x86 10.4.3 using Maxxuss v1.0 and v1.1 PPF patch. Both worked without any problem the first day. But on the second day the harddisc starts to show hickups will working and I could hear the harddisc making a strange noise so you think, MAN THAT ONE is going TO DIE really soon! But thank god it's not (at the moment). If I bootup windows no problems at all. I'm not saying this is because of the PPF patch from maxxuss as he's god! I'm just saying I run into trouble with the harddisc after the first day of use. I want to know if I'm the only one or others having the same problem.....

So what did I do?

v1.0 PPF Patch hickups part 1.

----------------------------------

Installed v10.4.3 using Maxxuss v1.0 PPF patch using VMWare to get it to boot Native. WORKS 100% and it's quick and stable the first day I used it. I installed lots of programs all running perfectly. The second day I installed some others and I installed Sophos anti virus and a AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip from this forum as I didn't have sound. After this the trouble started. I thought it was because of the AppleAC97Audio[1].kext.zip but is wasn't I can tell you now. So the Harddisc showed HICKUPS while running 10.4.3 after the second day.

I thought what the hack, let's try v1.1 PPF Patch from Maxxuss as this one will have sound using the AppleAC97Audio.kext.

v1.1 PPF Patch hickups part 2.

----------------------------------

Installed v10.4.3 using Maxxuss v1.1 PPF patch using VMWare to get it to boot Native. WORKS 100% and it was quick and stable the first day I used it. I installed lots of programs all running perfectly. The second day I installed some others and I installed Disk-Order as I wanted to have something like Total or Midnight Commander. After this the trouble started. So the Harddisc showed HICKUPS again while running 10.4.3 after the second day.

Is someone having or experiencing the same problem? I can tell you if I install v1.0 or v1.1 all over again (I tried 6 times already) everything is okay with he harddisc again. I do a fresh install (so no upgrade) and it looks okay. After playing around with it it starts to get hickups.

HICKUPS: when the strange thing starts I will see my optical USB mouse go off, the mouse pointer disapears and you can't do anything for a second or 2, than you see the HD led go on and make a strange noise (like it's broken) after this you can work for 10 seconds or so and than the same will happen again over and over......

I tried the older version again to see if it's because of faulty hardware but this will work without any problems.....

Maybe someone has an idea or suggestion what might be happening or a solution? I never and still don't have this with v10.4.1.

My system:

Acer Aspire 1522 WMLI notebook

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Code Name ClawHammer

Motherboard manufacturer Acer

Motherboard model Aspire 1520, Rev.A

BIOS vendor Phoenix

BIOS revision V1.11

Chipset VIA ID0204 rev. 00

Southbridge VIA VT8235 rev. 00

DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM

DRAM Size 512 MBytes

DRAM Frequency 163.7 MHz

Regards

Jordan van Bergen

Try putting Energy Saver settings at "Never", sound to me your computer gone to sleep, Mouse disappearing and HD noises are like that when is in sleep mode.

Tried it already, but after it started to happen. So I will set it now to never and reboot and see what happens. So I already tried this before but after the thing started to appear. Let see what will happen if I log in, set it to never and hopefully it won't happen again.

Regards

Jordan

Tried it already, but after it started to happen. So I will set it now to never and reboot and see what happens. So I already tried this before but after the thing started to appear. Let see what will happen if I log in, set it to never and hopefully it won't happen again.

Rebooted, put energy saver right away to NEVER and the hard disc not to sleep checkbox. It looks like everything is okay now. Let's hope this will be the case in the coming days as well. If not, I will add this to this thread again. It looks promising.

THANKS a lot for your answer MacGirl! I already tried but only when it already showed hickups. Now it seems to me that it stays okay.....

Regards

Jordan

• 4 months later...