P4N890-M7 Motherboard OS accepts NO PCI CARDS

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I just successfully installed MAC OS X 10.4.8 on my new Intel PC. I had never gotten it to work with my AMD machine, but this time everything went fast and smooth. My pci express graphic card was accepted without any patches.

That was the good part...

The onboard ethernet card Realtek 8201CL, the Audio Card (ALC655 / 658) didn't work. The onboard graphics card only went up to 1024x768.

So I decided to try all my ethernet PCI cards... none are recognized in the system profiler. (is that normal? that they don't even show up? it says no PCI cards installed)

Same with the wireless PCI card, my old soundblaster live card.

Is that normal, that MAC OS doesn't even show there is a card in the computer if its not compatible? I don't want to buy compatible cards if its the motherboard's fault (the pci bridge maybe not compatible or whatever)

THanks for any advice!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Is that normal, that MAC OS doesn't even show there is a card in the computer if its not compatible? I don't want to buy compatible cards if its the motherboard's fault (the bridge maybe not compatible or whatever)
i'd also like to know, as i have a wireless card that is listed under the HCL for 10.4.8 and mentioned in threads on this board as 100% working, but it dosn't show up in the system profiler as either an Airport card, or listed under installed pci cards.