x800 support

bluesun10000

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone this is my frist post. I must say its great to run MacOSX on my PC. I was a big NeXTSTEP fan back in the day. Also the support here is great.

I have network support (Broadcon 5751.kext) and about to take on sound next.

I'm trying to get my ATI x800 to support QE/CI and display changes. I have tried JaS 10.4.5 with Callisto_b006 and JaS 10.4.8 with Callisto_b006 andCallisto_b008, all with both the Koverg's patch and pheonix3200 post.

However I can not get display change or QE/CI. My Display type did change from VGA Adapter to Display, but no QE/CI support after all of these attempts. My device ID (0x5d57) is not like any one I have seen in other posts.

Any ideas would be greatly appericated. Thanks!

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5d57

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Hello bluesun10000,

just like you, i was trying to get QE and CI running with my x800gto (DevID:554F) for a long time.

Koverg and Callisto didn't work as they should and I had to reinstall MacOS for about ten times to see anything

on my screen after applying the different Callistos.

But then I found this post.

After doing this my QE and CI is enabled and I can start apps like toast 8 and play 3d games.

The only thing is, that I can still not change my resolution from system preferences.

I have to set my 1280x1024 resolution in boot.plist.

I don't know if my dual display works because I only have one TFT.

Changing resolution from System preferences would be nice, but for me, the QE and CI support is more than enough.

If you try this method, you have to do EXACTLY what the poster is writing.

A little mistake and nothing will work.

Good luck :-)

I got my old x800 working with just Koverg but I had minimal tearing and couldn't change the resolution, which wasn't a big deal. However, I cracked and just bought a Geforce 7800 and never looked back... If you have the money, I suggest doing that.

I never could get callisto to work at all, the one time it did install properaly, I couldn't actually change the resolutions and QE/CI didn't work.

If you need to use that x800, just try Koverg and that's it. Good luck.

My x800xt AIW has been working great with callisto 008 since 10.4.6. Koverg never worked... I have both QE and CI, resolution change.. recognizes 256 memory, No dual-monitor support, but thats asking way too much for this card anyway...

Look here and see where you can go from there.