Never shows me anything

rh535

8 posts in this topic

I installed 10.4.8. Installation went fine but now every time i try to boot to the hd it just shows a line blinking in the top left corner. for 20 min. that is all it did. What do i do?

Boot loader problem. I had this with my box as well. I finally need to use XP's bootloader to chain loading in order to boot into Mac OS. All my other hackintoshes don't have this problem, only the IBM Thinkcentre with 865G chipset. I tried absolutely everything, it just won't load if I use its own bootloader directly.

But then you have to make sure you choose MRB option instead of Apple Partition Map or GUID when you format your drive. Otherwise, you will never be able to boot no matter how you try.

Okay guys, i had the same problem. And after reading the solution on a another thread heres how i fixed it. ( Sorry i cant find the original thread )

The problem is with partitioning.

You'll have to re-install.

1. when you get to the install destination go to disk utils

2. use the disk utilities to erase the disk you want to use...at this time go to the partition tab at the top.

3. choose 1 partition from thr drop down menu

4. install away....

thats it...the problem as mentioned in the other thread is that when you use the disk utilities to create a partition it actually creates two partitions. ( 200 mg first and the rest for your files ) and when the install is done OSX tries to boot from the 200 mb partition but the boot loader is in the other space.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Okay guys, i had the same problem. And after reading the solution on a another thread heres how i fixed it. ( Sorry i cant find the original thread )

2. use the disk utilities to erase the disk you want to use...at this time go to the partition tab at the top.

4. install away....

thats it...the problem as mentioned in the other thread is that when you use the disk utilities to create a partition it actually creates two partitions. ( 200 mg first and the rest for your files ) and when the install is done OSX tries to boot from the 200 mb partition but the boot loader is in the other space.

hope this helps

dharbot,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, after 3 saturdays of trying every possible way to get 10.4.8 to install, this was the solution to my problem that I was never made aware of in any of the guides. Once I did a full drive partition to prevent the install from installing the boot files are the a second partition the system booted right after the install.

Thanks again

4. install away....

hope this helps

I did those steps and when i try to boot it comes up with a error message saying that i need to restart my computer. What is wrong?