Nvidia 7600GT

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

This has been going on a few days and since Im a c0mplete n00b with Macs I'm at a loss here.

I was able to install the natit dual v02 kext installer and after the reboot I could choose all the resolutions and frequencies my monitor has to offer. The next reboot it was still good and came up in that resolution.

However, the reboot after that the screen went black, monitor went to sleep and the HD kept going. I figure its still loading the OS but outputs to the wrong output although I'm not sure. I cannot test the other output I have to stick with analog (DVI-A convertor.)

I get into OSX by holding down the shift. I can then reset the video properties and work, more or less. I have no clue what to do make OSX boot properly without holding down shift and keep the display settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know many have this card working with these drivers and I'm sure its something simple. :whistle:

Thx!

Hi,

I have a similar problem, only thing is that my screen is becoming garbled after I've installed Diabolik's 10.4.9 Nvidia drivers.

If I boot into Safe MOde (-x) it's working more or less fine. I can set resolutions, and everything. QE/CI is not working 'tough.

What version, and distribution of OS? Extra drivers such as Titan or Natit? Mobo chipset? Any error messages or logs?

I run a AGP 7600GT on a 865 chipset, with Natit, and edited NV40 driver. Dual monitor, all resolution, QE/CI enabled, the only thing that's lacking is AGP support, but that has nothing to do with 7600GT anyway. Oh... the splash effect in dashboard when you add widgets by single click won't work on 7600GT though.

Mine is a 975x chipset, asus p5w dh deluxe, asus 7600GT.

Just reinstalled mac osx, jas 10.4.8. when I install the natit v02 driver I will have the problem mentioned above.

I will reinstall the driver once I know what to do to prevent this from happening. There must be a config I can edit to force the dvi-a output?

thx for the help.

@InflatableMouse,

eventually you could try to install Diabolik's NVIDIA drivers, and on top of that install Natit UNI, like I did.

My only problem was that I had to plug the TFT to the 1st DVI output, the one next to the SVIDEO out. On the other connector, at first boot I had a strange aspect ratio (1024x1280), with no mouse cursor displayed. Then I plugged the TFT to the 1st port, and everything was OK afterwards.

Maybe see my other post on how I proceed: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=49331

• 2 years later...