Network problem with Broadcom

yellowtwo

4 posts in this topic

I installed JaS 10.4.8 natively on its own hard drive from a DVD but for some reason it is not allowing me to configure the Broadcom Gigabit On-board network card. When I go to System Preferences > Network > Show: Network Port Configurations, the "Built-in Ethernet" option is gray, as if it doesn't detect any ethernet card. The only available connection options are "Serial Port" and "Built-in Firewire". The NIC is listed on the HLC page which apparently means it should work automatically after installing OS X, so I don't understand why it's not.

I installed OS X with minimal installment; just essentials and Intel support. System specs are:

-2.5 GHz P4 CPU

-ATI Radeon 9600 Pro graphics card

-Broadcom Gigabit On-board ethernet controller

-1 GB of RAM

-40 GB hard drive

-MSI Mobo

I have tried installing the Tulip kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily.kext, and other random things but no cigar. The ethernet controller also works in Windows XP, when I have my other XP hard drive connected, so it has to be something within OS X. The only thing I can think of would be no drivers, but (a.) HLC Page says it shouldn't need it and (b.) I've already searched for some sort of Mac drivers for it and there are none. I've been searching for 2 days for an answer to this. >_< So frustrating...