how to disable kext load from bootloader

juaid

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm having the problem described here:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=928

while trying to install from JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD.iso on my Sony Vaio VGN-FE880E laptop.

I was told to delete the appleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext, but the kernel panic happens when I boot to install, at the very beggining, so I don't reach the package selection stage, nor anything, it's as soon as it starts booting to install...

The BIOS settings don't have the ability to disable power management nor anything...

Is there any way to disable the loading of that kext, by passing some argument to the bootloader? what other option can I try?

NOTE: I have never been able to install the OSX yet, it's while trying to install it for first time

Thanks in advance!!!

juaid

Dont focus on 10.4.8 try 10.4.7 or 10.4.5 .

I started downloading MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL:AMD:SSE3:SSE2).iso yesterday to test with that, but it's comming quite slowly.. :)

So are this type of problems common with 10.4.8?

I've seen several threads about deleting that kext, but after upgrading to 10.4.8

So in previous versions that kext is not loaded (or another non-conflictive version), and if I got problem when upgrading I just delete it, right?

Thanks again! :)