New to MAC and OS X

-=Jeff=-

5 posts in this topic

I just bought a macbook pro and I am in my learning mode.

I understand a few things but for some reason I cannot get my MBP to print on my Canon i860. Being a windows user mostly I have a network of 3 Windows PCs and have my Canon i860 printer on a Print server (Linksys PSUS4) now how do I connect my MBP to print on the printer? I downloaded the driver from Canon but I cannot seem to connect to it. if I try going thru the Windows Printing and Ntwork neighborhood, I find the Print server, but when I select it, I am prompted for a user name and PW which I don't have ( not set-up or needed in Windows) the error I get is 256, I just want to get my network printer set-up as I want to print the Boop camp instructions before installing a windows partition onmy MBP

Thanks

I just bought a macbook pro and I am in my learning mode.

I understand a few things but for some reason I cannot get my MBP to print on my Canon i860. Being a windows user mostly I have a network of 3 Windows PCs and have my Canon i860 printer on a Print server (Linksys PSUS4) now how do I connect my MBP to print on the printer? I downloaded the driver from Canon but I cannot seem to connect to it. if I try going thru the Windows Printing and Ntwork neighborhood, I find the Print server, but when I select it, I am prompted for a user name and PW which I don't have ( not set-up or needed in Windows) the error I get is 256, I just want to get my network printer set-up as I want to print the Boop camp instructions before installing a windows partition onmy MBP

Thanks

-Add a network printer in Printer Setup Utility.

I'd avoid installing canon's drivers. The ones that come with OS X are much better.

-Add a network printer in Printer Setup Utility.

I'd avoid installing canon's drivers. The ones that come with OS X are much better.

I tried that.. I will spend a bit more time and look at it..

how do I Uninstall Canons drivers once installed?

the Add Network printer gives me that password error, like I said the canon is on a Linksys Print server. when i try to connect it says I need a Username and PW, Which I don't have set-up on the print server