Random Shutdowns (Asus PL5D2-VM, Pentium 820D, 1gig)

2 posts in this topic

Hi, have been running 10.4.8 fine for about 3/4 months now, however, in the past two weeks my hardware seems to be really flaky.

Every so often, it will shut down, this seems to be random, although trying to install CS3 Suite made it do it every time.

Sometimes, when I restart the computer, it will shutdown straight away again, needs to be left for a period of time before it will come back to life. Loses some BIOS settings too, and gives a message about CPU overclocking failed (it is not overclocked)

Anyone any idea what this could be. Im thinking CPU overheat or bad memory. But neither of these have ben a problem before...

Hi, have been running 10.4.8 fine for about 3/4 months now, however, in the past two weeks my hardware seems to be really flaky.

Every so often, it will shut down, this seems to be random, although trying to install CS3 Suite made it do it every time.

Sometimes, when I restart the computer, it will shutdown straight away again, needs to be left for a period of time before it will come back to life. Loses some BIOS settings too, and gives a message about CPU overclocking failed (it is not overclocked)

Anyone any idea what this could be. Im thinking CPU overheat or bad memory. But neither of these have ben a problem before...

reflash the BIOS