Dual Boot Vista Business and JAS OSX 10.4.8 w/ 10.4.9 update not working

dscrap

3 posts in this topic

I am having some major problems getting my dual boot to work...

My system: see signature...

OSX image: Jas 10.4.8 / 10.4.9 update

Install:

Vista Business 32bit on disk0 partiton 1

OSX 10.4.8 on disk0 partiton 2

What I tried:

OSX installed works fine, changed Vista partition to active, can boot into Vista... then did the following to get the Vista dual boot menu by adding chain0.

bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”

Copies information from Vista to use as basis for Mac OS X Boot Loader

bcdedit /enum active

Enumerates the selectable OS' from Vista's Boot Loader

bcdedit /set {YOUR-GUID-HERE} PATH \chain0

Replace {YOUR-GUID-HERE} with the ID that is listed for the Mac OS X under the enumerated list

Rebooted and saw OSX and Vista under the boot menu.... When i try to boot to OSX I get an error.

File: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

So I then boot back into Vista with no problem. I then tried downloading EasyBCD 1.52 and using it. I first removed the OSX entry and then when I put it back, it points to /Deleted partition...

Now I am lost. Any suggestions? If I change the OSX partion to active, I can boot into it, but loose Vista boot menu unless I change it back. Also can anyone point me in the right direction getting the Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection working?

Thanks in advance.

The best way use Parallel Desktop to run Windows Vista. Also partition 10G space FAT format to store windows program.

Intel Pro/100VE is working right now check this web to find out

I really do not want to run Vista as a virtual machine in OSX. This would defeat the purpose of having a powerful system to use with Vista, basically crippling my hardware under OSX. I don't need to run both at the same time, but want to dual boot. Is the Jas 10.4.8/9 not capable of this? I have dual booted with vista under older versions of OSX. Do you have a link for the Intel Pro 100VE nic to get it working? I have edited the kext as I have done in earlier versions of OSX but it doesn't work...

Thanks