Sound help please anyone? Just about to give up!

Plucka

9 posts in this topic

Before anyone judges me I have looked at just about every post on sound not working and cannot find a solution so,...............................

Ok I have finaly worked out how to install OSX 86, now my main problems are 1, sound and 2, itunes and quicktime. Both are not working? Is there anyone out there that can advise me in really simple terms how to enable sound. I have tried several times to alter the kext, this usually results in having to re install osx again.

Running Mac osx 10.4.3

Processor pentium 4 2.4ghz sse2 no sse3

VideoNvidia gforce 4200ti 256mb agp

Sound realtek AC97 unable to find vendor id and number? Any help here please?

Motherboard msi ms-6547

Memory is 1gb ram

I hope there is someone with enough patience to explain the solutions to my problems and maybe this will help others in a similar predicament. Many thanks, Plucka

Plucka,

Ok, Let me see if I can help you get started! This may take time. but first things first!

1) partition your HD and install windows and osx as a dual boot! Or just windows and follow this guide: :P:excl:

>>> http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...r_and_Device_ID <<<

2) let me know when you get your id numbers and we will try to get you set up!

3) :lol: Don't give up! I thought I could not get mine working, then one day I had a breakthrough!

You will too! B)^_^

Good luck and let me know, and we will move to next step!!!!!!

Hello docmac,

Thankyou ever so much for replying, I think I have the correct info for you now it is as follows:

PCI\VEN_1039DEV_7012SUBSYS_54701462REV_A

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Did you need to know the drivers ID as well? These are as follows:

Name: ALCXWDM.SYS

Version: 5.10.0000.5850 English

Date: 18-05-2005

I already have Vista Ultimate on another hd installed, I boot into OSX on a seperate hd 80gigs two partitions of 40gigs, both dedicated to OSX apps, via the BIos as OSX wont boot with APIC enabled. So you could say I have a manual dualboot system. I just disable the windows drive and APIC, then reboot into the OSX drive.

I hope you can help me, I really am desperate to get everything working in OSX, btw, I have tried just about every version from 10.4.3 to jas 10.4.8, 10.4.3 is the only version that works straight away, by that I mean that it actually boots and runs quite stabilly!

Thanks once again for your reply, I look forward to your next one, it might bring me a step closer to my goal of 2 fully functioning systems, cheers for now, Plucka

Plucka,

Ok, Let me see if I can help you get started! This may take time. but first things first!

1) partition your HD and install windows and osx as a dual boot! Or just windows and follow this guide: :):excl:

>>> http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...r_and_Device_ID <<<

2) let me know when you get your id numbers and we will try to get you set up!

3) :lol: Don't give up! I thought I could not get mine working, then one day I had a breakthrough!

You will too! B):thumbsdown_anim:

Good luck and let me know, and we will move to next step!!!!!!

OK Plucka,

Good job, lets see if we can make our job a little easier. I found the post from when I was trying to get my sound working. It should be much easier! I had a hell of a time in the beginning. There are even pics to make it less stressful :D

Try this link and let me know if it goes better for you!

>>>http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 <<<

Scroll down till you see the (Appendix) in bold! :P Look at the pics to help you! Good luck and let me know what you come up with.

If you can maybe take some screenshots like the pics that would help me help you B)

Just remember don't :):blowup:

Hello docmac,

Thankyou for your support, I have followed the link to the post with the pictures of system info etc. You will see on my pictures that they are slightly different, especially the second one MICROSOFT LAA BUS DRIVER is not visible in my list?

Also the DEVICE INSTANCE ID is called something else as well?

I hope you can make sense out of it, I tried a newly downloaded 10.4.4 install, worked well, but no internet connection? Could not configure it at all it kept saying I was using a telephone line to call in? When infact I am using a cable connection? I am downloading 10.4.6 now, I dont know if its better than 10.4.3? You would think that the newer it is the more kinks would be worked out?

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you again soon, as always many thanks for you help, Plucka :)realtek.docrealtek2.doc

Sorry docmac I assumed you had words or the equivalent of that? I will try to place them here. I have attached them as a PDF file I hope that you can open it now? My appologies for the confusion. I have down loaded 10.4.6, Maxxus 10.4.3 seems to be the best working version for me? I was wondering if you read my last comments on the install of 10.4.4, no internet? Still cannot figure out Quicktime? itunes is easily reinstalled from another osx disc 10.4.4 or 10.4.6, but Quicktime is tricky because if you update it, it wont work at all, where as I now have some playback capabillity by doing nothing to Quicktime? For your extra information I am an Aussie, but I now reside in the Netherlands. I guess you live in a different time zone? Judging by the delay in your replies?

Anyway thanks a lot for your continued interest in my questions, cheers for now, Plucka ^_^

pdf_realtek.pdf

Plucka,

All I get is a white piece of paper. What the heck is .doc?

Try a jpeg, remember I am on OSX. Please give me something that will open in OSX!

Glad to help. Just can't read/see the file!

D ;)

Hey Plucka,

Yes I live in the UnitedStates(east coast) And I am also very busy working! But I will help you all I can!

We need to get those ID numbers!

Give me a little while and later tonight I will try to post.

It is 8 PM here! (dinner time) :-)

Plucka,

Idea!

Do you have skype!

If you do maybe we could talk online? It's free anywhere in the world :D

If not, you can get a free account and DL the App for windows since your windows side is working! :huh: (You have a windows side with WORKING internet Right?) :(

Let me know!

Just thought we could get you up and running faster if we could talk?

If not I understand. I will be waiting to hear from you man. Let me know A.S.A.P

Just listening to www.yourmaclifeshow.com online free******(Ever hear of it/ Pretty Cool)*****

Later

Doc