Video Capture

Chetzar

6 posts in this topic

Video capture devices as in USB or Firewire capture devices. That you would plug the camera into or VCR or whatever video input you have. An example of what i'm talking about is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16815312001

It's just a video capture device, to capture the input from the camera. Basiclly i'm wondering if OS X will recognize devices like this and be able to use it without having to capture it via windows then x-fer to my MacBook.

If u're talking about PCI devices, I think Mac Os doesn't have native support... Some drivers can be found on Internet, like iTV (for bt8x8 chip based cards) and echoFX softwares (videoglide & other that I don't remember name) that have support for some USB capture devices, like dvc100 from dazzle and others.

Thans ffosilva. I'll look into a dazzle one, I just didnt want to have to pay like 200+ for a USB one from apple, because well, i'm another poor college kid and i'm just doing some basic beginner editing, which means I basiclly asked to find out if some of the cheaper ones that have driver support for windows but not OS X on the driver CD's could be used on OS X.