OSX 10.4.6 installation causes HFS+ partition error

Manix

1 post in this topic

After a seemingly successful install of OSX86 through VMware on an HP Pavilion slimline s7520 (1 GB RAM, AMD64 processor @ 1.8 GHz w/ SSE, SSE2, 200GB SATA HD, XP Media Center Edition preinstalled) and rebooting, everything seems to have gone wrong. The HD was partitioned 192GB-8GB (Weird, I know), and I installed OSX86 to the second 8GB partition. I got an HFS+ partition error upon first reboot, and can't get to my XP installation. I wasn't too worried, I figured I could just pop in an XP installation disc, go to Recovery Console, use FIXBOOT and FIXMBR to get it going so I could try installation again, but I was wrong. Now it wouldn't boot the OSX partition anymore, and the computer would freeze on a black screen as soon as the BIOS was done POSTing and loading. Now beginning to worry, I pop in a Vista installation disc and access a command line. I then delete the OSX HFS+ partition and set the XP partition as the active one, but that still didn't remedy the issue, same black screen of death upon reboot. When I use the Vista disc to mark the XP partition as inactive, it attempts to boot, but fails with the error "DISK BOOT FAILED, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I think my issue lies in the fact that I assumed that my HD was connected through IDE when it was SATA, so that may be the main cause of all this.

Any ideas? I need to get the XP partition working again without formatting and losing all of the data on it.