JaS 10.4.8 fresh install PCMCIA not working

3 posts in this topic

I have been searching high and low trying to figure out how to get my PCMCIA slots working on my HP Evo N610c.

I have a fresh install of 10.4.8

I have installed an older appleintel8255x.kext that i edited to get my ethernet working

I have installed the ATI radeon 7500 pack to get my video working good (still no QE yet but not concerned)

I have added added the neccessory kexts to support my WG511T wireless card HOWEVER>>>>>

I need to get my pcmcia slots working to see the card.

I tried some stuff that i have found in the forums (since i have been searching the last 8 hours) When i run this command from the terminal: sudo dmesg | grep PC I get the following error: IOPCCardBridge::start failed

IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/C045@0/AppleACPIPCI/C097@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/C18A@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHT2040AH Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Can anyone give me some advice. I am new to the OS and still trying to figure this stuff out. The cardbus controller on this computer is a Texas Instruments PCI-1420 Venid 104C Devid AC51

Thanks in Advance

Jay

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact computer, and am in the same exact position. I need the help as well. I'll start a thread about the Texas Instruments PCI-1420 Cardbus Controller and let you know to help you get it fixed as well.

• 2 months later...
I have been searching high and low trying to figure out how to get my PCMCIA slots working on my HP Evo N610c.

I have a fresh install of 10.4.8

I have installed an older appleintel8255x.kext that i edited to get my ethernet working

I have installed the ATI radeon 7500 pack to get my video working good (still no QE yet but not concerned)

I have added added the neccessory kexts to support my WG511T wireless card HOWEVER>>>>>

I need to get my pcmcia slots working to see the card.

I tried some stuff that i have found in the forums (since i have been searching the last 8 hours) When i run this command from the terminal: sudo dmesg | grep PC I get the following error: IOPCCardBridge::start failed

IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/C045@0/AppleACPIPCI/C097@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/C18A@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHT2040AH Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Can anyone give me some advice. I am new to the OS and still trying to figure this stuff out. The cardbus controller on this computer is a Texas Instruments PCI-1420 Venid 104C Devid AC51

Thanks in Advance

Jay

Greetings Gentlemen!

Any luck resolving your issues?  I got a N610C recently and have just about gone mad trying to figure out why my NIC an

PCMCIA are not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!