Lattitude d800 Instalation

3 posts in this topic

I "successfully" installed Jas 10.4.8 on my dell lattitude d800, however, I am having some video issues.

When I power up the laptop, here is what happens:

1)the gray apply logo appears and the circle spins at the bottom

2)Screen goes black then a gray bar flashes across the screen

3)Screen goes black, the screen turns windows blue, and then fades slowly to black.

4)Next, some wierd music plays (possibly sound test, or video for first log on?).

I have no idea what is going on. I tried hitting the F8 key and booting using -v, and the same thing happens. It does not halt when booting at the prompt, I get the same gray bar, blue fade, and music. I am guessing it is something with the video driver? Any suggestions would be most helpful.

thanks in advance

I "successfully" installed Jas 10.4.8 on my dell lattitude d800, however, I am having some video issues.

When I power up the laptop, here is what happens:

1)the gray apply logo appears and the circle spins at the bottom

2)Screen goes black then a gray bar flashes across the screen

3)Screen goes black, the screen turns windows blue, and then fades slowly to black.

4)Next, some wierd music plays (possibly sound test, or video for first log on?).

I have no idea what is going on. I tried hitting the F8 key and booting using -v, and the same thing happens. It does not halt when booting at the prompt, I get the same gray bar, blue fade, and music. I am guessing it is something with the video driver? Any suggestions would be most helpful.

thanks in advance

Yep, the grey bar/blue fade is the video driver initialising; the same thing happens to me prior to the OS loading. The music you're hearing is the 'OS X Introduction and Setup' video playing.  Which video card do you have? It should be possible to boot into single user mode and install the necessary kext file once you figure out the appropriate one for your card.

ok i figured out single user mode for those who dont know how.

hit f8 when booting.

type in -s

hit enter

ok, now how do I do the kext file, and where do i get it, most importantly?

and another question, it says in supported hardware for 10.4.8 that geforce fx5200 works with titan, but when I go to the titan wiki, it says it does not. Huh?

I have never installed a driver before on a Mac so I pretty much have no idea what is going on now. .

says it does not work....

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan

says it does.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...L_10.4.8#NVidia