Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
mikesown

A possible way to gain access without opening Apple TV

2 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I don't have one myself, but I thought of a way that MAY be able to be used to update the Apple TV. It may be possible to redirect the DNS servers to your own, and then forward a 'software update' request to a computer on your local network. If Apple put some sort of hash check in(probably, but there's a chance they didn't), then this wouldn't work without Apple's private key(which they would NEVER give out). Can someone with a hacked Apple TV disassemble the Finder.app exexutable(from the Apple TV) with IDA or a similar debugger and see if it does do a hash check? If not, this may be a foolproof way to gain access to the Apple TV.