Extract the tiger-86.tar failed.

jackzhu

7 posts in this topic

I downloaded the tiger-x86-tar.bz2.

Then, I extract the tiger-x86.tar from tiger-x86-tar.bz2 in the WinXP with WinRAR, everything was ok.

But when I try to extract the files from tiger-x86.tar, I met error: extract error, unexpected eof.

I re-downloaded the tiger-x86.bz, the problem still exist.

Who might tell me why?

I downloaded the tiger-x86-tar.bz2.

Then, I extract the tiger-x86.tar from tiger-x86-tar.bz2 in the WinXP with WinRAR, everything was ok.

But when I try to extract the files from tiger-x86.tar, I met error: extract error, unexpected eof.

I re-downloaded the tiger-x86.bz, the problem still exist.

Who might tell me why?

What version of Winrar are you using ?. What type of partition is your Win XP (FAT32 or NTFS) ?.

The WinRAR is 2.9

My filesystem is fat 32.

The file is ok. I put it on a linux system and use "tar jxf" to extract the file. It is ok.

witzer is right, FAT32 doesn't support files bigger than 4 GB (the tiger-x86-flat.img has 6 GB), so FAT32 can't do it. Also as him said, you'll need the newest version of WinRar (i did use WinRar 3.51 and worked like a charm). So, i recommend you : 1.- Download Partition Magic 8 (for to do new partitions and convert from FAT32 into NTFS). 2.- Download Winrar 3.51 (or higher). Best luck !!.

It was ok and I installed it successfully.

But it still gray. so tired....

You must to check your Hardware in order to know if that's compatible or not. Check it in the wiki.