FS: Aopen MiniPC MP915 1.4GHz, 512MB, 40GB, DVD+CD/RW, 802.11g

GnatGoSplat

3 posts in this topic

This is "like new". This was only removed from its box to set up, test, and was then put away and not touched since.

Aopen MiniPC MP915 $400+S&H.

Celeron M 360 1.4GHz CPU (socketed, can be upgraded)

40GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

512MB DDR2 SODIMM

Onboard sound w/SPDIF header (no external connector for SPDIF).

Onboard GMA900 video with DVI or VGA output.

DVD CD/RW Slot-in Combo Drive

Atheros Super G 108Mbps 802.11a/b/g Mini-PCI internal wireless

Or I will sell it for $375+S&H WITHOUT wireless card (but will leave the antenna connector).

It is NEAR MINT IN BOX. It is perfect, flawless, EXCEPT a few tiny scratches ON THE REAR that don't even really show up in a photo and no one would see it. The scratches were caused by the annoying tiny fingers on the grounding shield which tend to want to pop out when closing the case.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3 - arrows pointing to the teensy weensy scratches

NO OS LICENSE INCLUDED. Windows Vista Home Premium TRIAL has been installed for testing purposes. I have NOT tried installing OS X on it (yet) but from my searching here's what I've come up with:

I have the MP-915 and everything works, except for usb 2.0. All USB devices are limited to 12 Mb/s, which is an issue i'm currenty trying to resolve. IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.4.3 didn't fix the issue, nor did the 10.4.7. I'm hoping that 10.4.8 will resolve the issue, if not, I'll try 10.4.1. I'm really hoping something will fix the issue, since I've been planning on using the MiniPC with EyeTV and use it as a media center.

Other than that, everything works perfectly, including coregraphics, coreaudio, and firewire as well (I have an external 250 gig drive connected).

• 1 month later...

Still for sale, now with 1GB of DDR2-667 RAM.

I have partitioned the HD and installed OS X 10.4.6 on the 2nd partition. Everything works except the sound, maybe some more tweaking will make it work. I still haven't figured out how to get Vista/OS X dual boot working so for now I have to change the active partition.

It is actually smaller in dimensions compared to a Mac Mini and is made of painted aluminum so it has a nice cool-to-the-touch feel to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you may need to come down in your price. We can get a mac mini for 600 that beats the pants off of the machine you are selling. That is what sucks about buying hardware, it decreases in value almost immediately, especially used stuff with no warranty. :)