supported hardware, but install quits half way through

drewxhawaii

13 posts in this topic

i have tried installing from DVD several times, but i get "Please try installing again" error roughly half way through.

i installed successfully on an IBM R51 laptop (using the same DVD), but i can't get it to work on my desktop

Intel D865PERL

Pentium 4 2.8ghz 800mhz

1gb DDR400

40gb WD hdd

the only thing i can think of is that my DVD drive is somehow messing up. any other ideas?

os-x-x86-sysprofiler.JPG

Possible things/fails there are several (too much, i'd say). Maybe your DVD device has some trouble, or your HD is Bad jumpered, or your hardware isn't fully compatible, or some step of installation process isn't being well done. Try to install hitting F8 key in the booting (when darwin do the countdown), then type -v parameter, so you'll get a verbose output and maybe you'll get some useful info.

Seems some fail related with ATSServer file, maybe this file (or driver) load a process unstable, or this is product of some wrong produced before. Please tell me, how is jumpered your HD (Master/Slave/Cable Select) ?.

The 2 last lines clearly indicate the problem.

1st, Check your harddisk by booting on the DVD and using Disk Utility.

If there is no problem with it,

Try to check the MD5 of your OSX86 Disk image, if it's ok, burn it at 1 or 2x speed.

Several people reported some installation problems that can be solved by slowing down the DVD burning sequence.

The 2 last lines clearly indicate the problem.

1st, Check your harddisk by booting on the DVD and using Disk Utility.

If there is no problem with it,

Try to check the MD5 of your OSX86 Disk image, if it's ok, burn it at 1 or 2x speed.

Several people reported some installation problems that can be solved by slowing down the DVD burning sequence.

The strange thing, is that he said than that DVD did install perfectly in other pc (posted in top of this thread).

Obviously, some DVD Player can't perfectly read >2x burned DVD's.

The ATSSERVER crash is related to AppleTalk Server, which has nothing to do with his problem.

My Vaio is reporting me the same problem (ATS) sometimes, but it still successfully loading OSX. ;)

Obviously, some DVD Player can't perfectly read >2x burned DVD's...

Ok, that is a possibility among several. I'd try to discard all rest of possibilities before to reburn, but he's who will do the final action ;).

ok, it worked this time. i did two things differently.

first, i put the HDD and the DVD drive on the same ide ribbon. i also installed just the base system.

Glad than you finally got it. So all is ok now, isn't it ?.

i got it to install once yesterday, but i need to dual boot and i can't get it to install now :P

i'm going to try another DVD drive right now...

How many partitions you have in your HD ?. You get darwin bootloader, isn't it ?.