Anyone try Inspiron 5100?

12 posts in this topic

I am also in the same situation (Everything is golden except for my USB mouse... and nvidia drivers 'course) on my i8500 - which is essentially a 5100 w/ widescreen.

This is running in native via deadmoo's image.

i am running osx native on my inspiron 5150. about all that doesn't work is video acceleration and my ability to use a BT dongle (i am going to look into that fix to see if i can get it working). i have the dell truemobile 1350 card in this thing and got it to work using instructions from this forum (http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=1263). i have full wep ability and everything. i have the rosetta sse3-sse2 patch and most everything works ok. itunes runs well for the most part except the audio can get glitchy during times of higher cpu load. limewire won't launch but that's about the only thing that won't.

UPDATE: i just did that usb fix and now my BT dongle works perfectly. directions can be found here http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=540&st=20

now all i need is a universal binary for itunes and some video drivers....

Everything works natively on my i5100. The only thing that doesn't work is my wireless card. My video card isn't supported by QE or CI of course. It is very stable and runs PPC apps without problem. I've nearly thrown away my XP drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine now working. The Video Card is not supported and my wireless as everyone seems to have problems with. If anyone knows of a solution please tell me. I am also trying to fix the Audio diver as well. It is currently not seeing my audio but I think I can get that one. One copy of OS x86 did not want to load programs but I have MS Office and several other programs running as well. It is really zippy. I am on a Inspiron 5160.