Logitech cordless MX duo problem

check17

2 posts in this topic

I can use the Logitech Mac software that came with the MX Duo only when connected to a USB port, but not when using the PC mouse and keyboard serials. It is the reverse situation with Windows XP. Anyway to work around this? I am trying to avoid the inconvenient switching between USB and serial connections when using either OS.

Abit IC-7G with Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz

Patched Jas OSx86 10.4.8

Windows XP pro sp2

• 2 years later...
I can use the Logitech Mac software that came with the MX Duo only when connected to a USB port, but not when using the PC mouse and keyboard serials. It is the reverse situation with Windows XP. Anyway to work around this? I am trying to avoid the inconvenient switching between USB and serial connections when using either OS.

[/size]

Thanks B)

[/size]

Abit IC-7G with Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz

Patched Jas OSx86 10.4.8

Windows XP pro sp2

Yep...

(now that I've sussed OUT- how to answer these things...)

I assume U have there on Ur MAC, Notebook, iPhone, MP3, XP or whatever TYPE of stereo sound source U are USING? 1 of the "standard" 3 wire 3.5mm (phono_jack) Headphone STEREO output sockets?

Then my friend... ALL is solved.

Plug any standard 3.5mm to 2 RCA (stereo) patch audio cable ... from that socket ... & Into ANY 1/2_way decent HOUSE stereo AMP ... & then simply "grab" the 3wire SPEAKER_OUTPUTS from THAT AMP & wire those 3 wires ... DIRECT across & into one of my QUIX - NZ "Deplexer-Decoders".

THEN...

Another exceedingly simple step - is to COUPLE_ON ... 9 (NINE) bog_standard 4_ohm CAR_STYLE 6x9 "boxed" SPEAKERS ... into the Decoder's 9 MAIN outputs, "AND" whatever NUMBER of addidtional "POWERED" 1.1 aux_amp_packs that U wish... into ANY of the 13 (thirteen) OTHER 3.5mm single_ch "signal" output ports (on my QUIX decoder) ... and SIMPLY "forget" ALL about Ur onboard "?" sound cards & other such digital_stuff ... as U will thoroughly ENJOY the extra ... never_before & thus ... UNABLE_TO_OBTAIN ... 43.3% of "missing" surround_sound inside WHATEVER STEREO MUSIC U WISH TO PLAY (as this EXTRA 43.3% is "inherantly" contained within ANY standard 2ch stereo recording -that has ever been ... "RECORDED").

Oh- Yes...

I can SEE your "eyes popping with THAT info... so do your EARS a (similar) "fatal" injustice ...

Take Ur "auditory" senses to a whole NEW LEVEL ...

I have some ?NINE? multi_Ch surround sound "effects" ... lying in "wait" for thousands of DOUBTING_THOMAS'S ... (such as yourself) to enjoy ... over on my "well" patronised Xanga "audio_blog" site ...

(?)SO(?)

U could TRY finding this - the hard way ... VIA a simple "hit" with my username - on GOOGLE - ?

(?)or(?)

U may go "direct" to something that I have "processed" to NOW (especially on Ur 2ch iPOD style headphones) sound ??? REALY K_RAY_Z .... with this http://tiny.cc/K_RAY_Z (direct_link) which simply goes into the "Flash_Player" page - ONE of those NINE song_remasters... Over there - on my Tripello "Xanga" Audio (weblog) site.

THEN......

Right at the "very" end ... (of the special "SPACIAL" 18 minute marothon piece)

U will slowly become drastically aware ... of a very strange - yet POWERFULLY_IMPORTANT "after_effect" ...

(Ur Brain & thus)

YOUR_HEARING ... having been "fully_re_programmed" by my 13 channels x two = 26 different channels simultainiously "PAYING" (somewhere in the central areas of this "remaster" work) ...

WILL BE DIFFERENT

Reemmebr - Its WAS in QUAD "mode" - with a Dual "directional" play - (tiwistng aournd iinsde Ur Haed) - thuoorghly re-porgrimang Ur eintre thguoht prosecses ... and in diong so - has UTTERLY changed the way - U NOW HEAR.

AND - as U start to "unwind" ... from this (truely) "mind_altering" experience...

U WILL (like a newborn baby) ... once again hear EVERY SQUEAK, household machinery HUM, clock_ticking, house_stretching "SOUND" ... both inside Ur house - & "out" in the street.

And thus realise... WOW?

That really WAS ... an enormously powerfull & totally 'moving' experience.

Unfortunately... with the NEXT few thousand "pieces" of MUSIC- U_hear- IN ANY OLD FASHION ... (to which U had "become" accustomed to drearily listening "TO") ... U will NOW "know" ... that there is ONLY 57.7% of the CONTENT "audible" ... & Ur BRAIN... will be telling UR EARS to strain really HARD ... as it is TRYING to "find" the missing 43% (which) U'v just heard here - in it's FULL 13_ch "surround" (analogue) GLORY...

But... as NO player yet devised - by anyone other than myself... can "PLAY_THESE" (sounds) for U...

THUS:-

ALL (Ur) music ... will now SUK.

( Oh & sorry... )

I ONLY HAND_MAKE & SELL / INSTALL THESE ... within New Zealand ...

Therefore ...?

U may still HAVE a wee bit of a problem on Ur hands there ... ???

Along with the "knowledge" (that) - TRUE HIGH FIDELITY SOUND - is actually WAY, WAY better ... in the QUIX - NZ style (of 3D, 4D & 5D) ... "analogue_mega_surround" mutli_ch systems.

;-)

:)