What am I doing wrong?

vniow

2 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get the latest Jas release on my system for the past four days but nothing has worked. My system is pretty similar to the $200 Mac posted here awhile back, the relevant parts are an Asrock P4 Dual 915GL and two hard drives, a 200GB PATA I'm using for backup and a 100GB SATA I'm trying to use for the OS. Ideally I would like to have Either only OSx86 or dual boot that and Ubuntu but I can't figure out why its not installing properly.

I checked the HCL and SATA is supposed to work fine for this MB but its not installing. When I try to dual boot using one of the guides on the wiki I can't get Disk Utility to erase the relevant partition. I can however erase the entire disk and install on it but it doesn't boot afterwards, just goes to a blank screen with a little blinking cursor on top.

I'm using the lastest patches including the Disk Utility one and I had 10.4.8 installed on this before (on the SATA drive I believe) and it was working fine, I just don't know what the problem is.

Thanx,

-Ani