Dell Inspiron 6400 - 10.4.6 blue screen

mac_gb

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

first poster warning!!

I'm following the dual boot guide I used to install my home box (from winXP then OSX), now I'm installing my laptop, configuration as follows:

Dell inspiron I6400

CPU T2300@1.66Ghz

1.5 Gb Ram

IDE DISK HITACHI HTS541080G9SA00

Mobile Intel 945GM CHipset

Sigmatel HDAUDIO Vendor:8384 Device:7690

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

TSSTCORP CDRW/DVD TSL462C

The image I'm using is 10.4.6 (Myzar)

I managed to install it "properly", after rebooting It shows the welcome movie in a small window (i.e. doesn't fill the whole screen), although it shows "jumpsy" :hysterical: then I start to configure region, keyboard... etc, BUT after configuring the internet connection and hit continue it just shows a blue screen... :rolleyes:

I've tried booting connecting an external vga monitor but nothing changes...

So... any ideas about the possible cause and/or solutions or how can I dig the problem source? I'm new to OSX so don't know where to go...

Any help is welcome .

Thanks!!

I'd try using the new JaS disc. Sometimes I have trouble completing installs with certain 'distros' of OS X on certain machines and it was fixed when I tried something new or compiled by a different user. If you have the ability to get the new one, I'd say go for it. It could fix your problem, and if you have compatibility issues afterwards the newer kernel is usually better either natively or for 'third party' fixes.

Stephen

Well, first I'll try to dig into log files for the cause of the problem if I can't figure it out I'll try with the Jas 10.4.8 DVD (unpatched) I downloaded, even though, it didn't work fine with my home box (system crashes after 15 min. inactivity) but as you say It may work better with this machine.

Thanks Stephen