What is "Deadmoo"?

stulle

6 posts in this topic

Hey there.

as you can read in topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39551 i am having problems with installing from JaS dvd 10.4.8 on my system.

anyways, i read on the osx86project.org official site, that sombody got macos on exactly my computer model installed. he made it native with the deadmoo image.

i cannot find any sources for the deadmoo images and i am wondering if its possible to create such an "image" out of the jas dvd???

thank you for any help

lol it's been a while since last time i was here :)

deadmoo is the guy who is responsible for the OsX86...

he made an image of his HD after installing OSX and put it on the web...

basicly the deadmoo image is a hard drive image of an installed OSX 10.4.1

what is the problem with your install ? and what are your computer specs ? maybe we can help you work it out...

well, iam hoping for help since yesterday. but my problem seems different.

i have a samsung p35 which has a pentium M processor 1.50GHz supportin sse2. ati radeon 9700 mobile graphics. 512mb memory.

chipset: Northbridge Intel i855PM rev. B1

Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4-M) rev. 03

my PROBLEM:

after booting the dvd, everything freezes at this point:

ss2.jpg

I'm going to hazard that you are using the 10.4.8 SSE3 Only install DVD? Since that was the exact same error i got when I was installing OS X 86 onto my laptop :-p

Edit: Neverind! Have you tried the kernel flags -v -f ?

Edited by frenchie

hmmm...

if i recall correctly there should be a switch... something about platform and acpi...

i'm not really in touch with all these newer version of jas's install DVD so i don't know if it's still necessary...

but as said i don't remember the syntax very well it was half a year ago, and i hasn't touched osx since.

another advice for you is to try the "-x" switch.

you could also shut down all power management features in the bios, especially speed step.

i would also recommend to try that iso on another machine, just to see if it loads...

@frenchie: thats the sse2 sse3 amd image. i tried with -f and -v flags

@meseschrist: i tried -x already. i also tried to disable speedstep. and unfortunately there is no other pc i can try and boot the dvd.

its only me and my machine..

Edited by stulle