ATI X300 in DELL inspiron 6000

Blacksad

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Im new around here, which you will probably noti7ce by my post.

was wondering if one of u mac - gods :D could tell me where i could download callisto or something like it so i can enable cuartz extreme so i can run final cut pro. I would also greatly appreciate it if u could write a small guide on how to install it on my hackingtosh, knowing that the device id is 0x5460.

I have osx 10.4.6

Please help me !

Thanks in advance,

Blacksad

Edited by Blacksad

blacksad,

It might not be a good idea to use a hackintosh for this kind of last-minute work but here we go...

i got video working on my 6000 with the allinone package from the video howto: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...068&hl=x300

i used ./doe.sh cal3 0x0x0 1 1

just follow the instructions. After the first try, it didn't give me qe & ci so i downloaded the koverg 0.2 patch and applied it manually. Same page, follow instructions.

If qe & ci still won't work, edit the Info.plist file mentioned in koverg's patch, look for something like 0x54 (the allinone package broke this entry for me.. how? no clue) and replace it with 0x54601002

As for FCP, No idea whether it'll work or not. It might, but it won't be fast. HAven't tried it...

Good luck