DISK BOOT FAILURE...

chumblaka

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so everything was going well, installing 10.4.8 and i was looking forward for the install to finish, when it finished it restarted so i took out the dvd and when it got past the bios it said DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Any idea on what is causing this and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated :whistle:

Ok, so everything was going well, installing 10.4.8 and i was looking forward for the install to finish, when it finished it restarted so i took out the dvd and when it got past the bios it said DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Any idea on what is causing this and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated :whistle:

Does it boot with dvd still in? If so read this'

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=30322&hl=

Don

I tried to follow both those links as best i could. and now when i turn on the computer without the dvd i just get a blinking line _

over and over again. What do i do from here?

Im guessing theres some progress going on, I really want my machine to work! :unsure:

Alright so i followed the guides thoroughly once again and it did it!!!! I'm up and running thats to you two guys, thanks so much, I have some problems but hey who doesnt after their first installation, im off to post some of my problems now! Thanks again!!