Machine randomly wont boot

Kage_

6 posts in this topic

Hey Yall,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before. Some times when I boot up X hangs and panics. Looking at the startup info I'm seeing hfs_mountroot failed: 5. I can reboot a couple of times and X will then boot with no problems at all. I have done a check disk and repair permissions, but it doesn't have seemed to help. Any suggestions? My hardware specs are below. I know my drive is good since I can boot into XP w/ no issues.

Also what is the flag to boot into single user mode. I thought it was -s, but that didn't seem to work.

Kage_

Hey Yall,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before. Some times when I boot up X hangs and panics. Looking at the startup info I'm seeing hfs_mountroot failed: 5. I can reboot a couple of times and X will then boot with no problems at all. I have done a check disk and repair permissions, but it doesn't have seemed to help. Any suggestions? My hardware specs are below. I know my drive is good since I can boot into XP w/ no issues.

Also what is the flag to boot into single user mode. I thought it was -s, but that didn't seem to work.

Kage_

I'm getting the exact same problem you're suffering. I'll make some photos of the boot process later so hopefully somebody could help us.

I found this thread about booting issues in 10.4.8, but I havn't gotten a reply to see if they were seeing the same issue.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=38125&hl=

Kage_

Lately i've been reseting and rebooting just fine, no hangups on bootloader :unsure:

I read somewhere that partitions with OSX had booting problems on hard disk where there's more than two partitions or when the OSX partition is next to a logical one. I'm trying to take some pics of the faulty boot messages, i'll upload them as soon as they happen again lol