help 911

Geoff t

2 posts in this topic

I'm buying a new mac book tommorrow and selling my old can i just swap the hard drives and be set, as they are the same size hdd's. if not what are my options for doing this quick. i get my new mac book at 9 and the guy wants to pick up my old one at 9:30. any ideas or how i should do this let me know asap and thanks to everyone who replies. Also if i switch hdd's do i have to deauthorize itunes to prevent further purchases.

you need a philips no. 0 screwdriver. you take out the battery, unscrew the three captive screws along the back of the battery compartment, and remove the L-shaped piece of metal.

the hdd has a white plastic tab tucked under the casing - simply pick it out and pull it and the hdd should come out. repeat this on the other macbook and swap the drives over.

carefully replace the L-shaped metal, making sure you tuck back in the squidgy stuff and screw it back together. repeat this on the other mb.

boot the new macbook (now with your 'old' drive) to make sure its working. viola.