ALC 850 Soundproblem

3 posts in this topic

I got a Asus K8N-E Deluxe (nForce3) AMD Athlon 64 3400+ :wacko: and the on board sound wont work under Mac OS X 10.4, i tried the tutorial i found here, but nothing happend, still no sound. How can i get this Soundcard to work, I have a Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 too, maybe i can get this card to work.

The other problem is, i have a ATI Radeon 9550 with 265 MB RAM, but i cant find a driver, i cant set the resolution higher then 1024x768 :wacko: and is it possible to use Dualhead (2 Monitors) in Mac OS X? :D

Greetings

Which Method did you use for install, if it was Generic DVD I recomen that you delete the AppleAC97Audio.kext and copy from the Darwin CD, then edit the Info.plist of the AppleAC97IntelICH to add your Device ID

There is no ATI drivers at this stage, if Graphics Mode at boot does not work for you, try connecting only one monitor.

Dual monitors were reported possible but only in mirror mode.

Which Method did you use for install, if it was Generic DVD I recomen that you delete the AppleAC97Audio.kext and copy from the Darwin CD, then edit the Info.plist of the AppleAC97IntelICH to add your Device ID

There is no ATI drivers at this stage, if Graphics Mode at boot does not work for you, try connecting only one monitor.

Dual monitors were reported possible but only in mirror mode.

by the way, sound works now :D , i used the DVD Installation, i got the AppleAC97Audio.kext from internet, and then i edited the Info.plist with my Vendor ID of my Soundcard, like the description here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio :) this works great :D

just the dualhead only work in mirror mode :angry: but hey if anyone knows how to get to work a Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 (Envy24 Chipset) please let me know :)