Guest Bugs

6 posts in this topic

Dell Dimension 2400

Celeron 2.7ghz

256 MB Ram

Intel 845G/GV/GE/GL Graphics

845G Chipset

deadmoo image, Using chain0 to boot

Well, I tried to run OSX X86 on my Dell 2400. It works, and boots fairly quickly, but like many other people with the 845 graphics, the logon screen and OS is in grainy "256 color". After searching on the boards and the wiki, I found http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph..._Dimension_2400. I set the Video Buffer in the BIOS to 8 MB (this alone still left me with grainy black and white) and changed the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext as required, and set permissions. After restarting, I now simply get a blue screen right after the loading apple logo has finished. Re-modifying the kext using MacDrive leaves me back where I started. Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Move AppleIntel* kexts, boot, modify the kext inside Mac OS not with MacDrive, move back, reboot.

Can you be please be more specific? I tried modifying the IOPCI stuff to 0x2562**** in the intel830 kexts, but that made no difference. Should I try with the intel915kexts or what? Thanks

As the Wiki says edit AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext, you don't have a 830 or 915, so edit any of those don't work, move or delete AppleIntel830* and AppleIntel915 kexts, leave AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext only an edit the Info.plist as Wiki page says.

Is better to erase Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext inside /System/Library and reboot.

As the Wiki says edit AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext, you don't have a 830 or 915, so edit any of those don't work, move or delete AppleIntel830* and AppleIntel915 kexts, leave AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext only an edit the Info.plist as Wiki page says.

Is better to erase Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext inside /System/Library and reboot.

It didn't work. Even deleting the extension caches still gave me a blue screen with absolutely nothing on it after the loading screen. I tried safe mode, booting from a restart too. Oh well, thanks anyway.