Keyboard and mouse

JonMS

7 posts in this topic

Yeah when i try installing to one of my hdd's the keyboard nor mouse work (there ps/2) in the installer or OSX itself the only way I installed it was using a usb mouse i found digging around, and i was wondering if there was anyway to fix this

I have the same problem. I installed patched JaS 10.4.8 SEE2/SSE3 AMD/Intel DVD image on my laptop (LG LM50) everything works fine except the built-in PS/2 keyboard. USB mouse and PS/2 touchpad worked out of the box. I managed to make the keyboard work 1-2 times but I don't know exactly how! never happened again. Once I kept typing on the keyboard when booting. the second time I did this after some playing with the kexts:

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

and it started to repeat like klllllllllllllllllll... and then I pressed a key and it worked but lost it on the next boot!

people could solve that with similar laptops on the older versions (10.4.4-6) but nothing about 10.4.8.

Also have problems with:

Ethernet 3C920 (3C905C-TX compatible)

Wireless Intel Pro Wireless LAN

and screen saver etc.

my config is

Pentimium M 1.6GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

thanks

Edited by nogeek

Well i got the keyboard to work by playing around with my bios and writing mean things about apple while the install booted up in verbose mode :)

My problem solved! I installed the DVD for the 3rd or 4th time but a USB keyboard was connected during the installation this time. then i disconnected the usb keyboard and reboot. and :blink::unsure::):D:P everything was working! :) I mean PS/2 keyboard, synaptech touchpad and my USB mouse! I don't know how and why! maybe i installed this time on the old files without formating the drive- i can't remember (I couldn't sleep for 30 hours!). I rebooted again and again but keyboard was not working only once and it is working after reboot and shutdown. (at least 10 times)

so what did you axactly do? what do you mean?

and BTW, where can i edit my signature! :2cents: Oops! but i can't find it. just give me a clue!

I have the same problem with PS/2 keyboard. But after everything is installed, my PS/2 keyboard is working even though my PS/2 kext is reporting error.

ApplePS2Keyboard:

Version: 1.1.0

Last Modified: 11/25/05 2:33 PM

Get Info String: 1.1.0, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2000-2003

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext Version: 1.1.0

Load Address: 0x1f6d8000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

and BTW, where can i edit my signature! :) Oops! but i can't find it. just give me a clue!

You can edit your sig using "My Control" (control panel) at top right corner (above title) -> "Edit Signature".

Edited by scannerfm77

i figured since while the install would boot up in verbose mode one of the text lines i saw said "Couldnt take control from the bios" or somethin so i went in and disabled a few things and while the install loaded i would mash they keyboard the whole time to make sure it would be detected :)

I have the same problem with PS/2 keyboard. But after everything is installed, my PS/2 keyboard is working even though my PS/2 kext is reporting error.

You can edit your sig using "My Control" (control panel) at top right corner (above title) -> "Edit Signature".

thank you very very much for the clue. my keyboard and mouse give timed out errors during the boot but they work. but if i press F8 and do a -v or -x they they dont work!

I haven't tried a kextload/kextunload after it started to work. if it is working let it work! But I am still ciurious why!

thanks