[help] MBP DVD Drive Problems

forevergone

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

All the cool kids were installing the final Beta build for Vista on their MBP, so I decided to try it out and see what the hype was all about. I did so, and it's not that much different from XP. I've had Vista on here for now about a week and after a while, when I way trying to enable Bluetooth, I must have messed up my drivers for the superdrive. As of now, my explorer can't detect the superdrive but when I boot up on Tiger OSX, it works fine. I was wondering what the specific type of drive the Core Duo Macbook Pro 17" uses, so that I can find the drivers for it or if better, someone already knows where I can find it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

you can find that info easily opening profiler (Apple-icon on left side of menu bar > about this mac > more info) and check hardware > ATA. In my case it´s a Matsu{censored}a/Pioneer Drive, please note, that Apple sometimes burns their own firmware to change some features in a drive.

32934.jpeg

This picture is what I get on a similar system. Another question altogether is getting this RPC1 ;-)

Thanks! My Vista has problems detecting the superdrive. The drivers are messed up and it's rendered my drive uesless. Does anyone have drivers for the Superdrive for Vista? It was working fine upon installation but afterwards it just.. stopped working. Popping the Vista CD had little effect on trying to repair the disk drivers.

Any solutions guys?

I may have found a possible solution. Can someone host their:

Windows\System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys

Windows\System32\Drivers\Helpdx20.sys

I need these files preferably from somone who has working drivers on vista using the MAT{censored}A DVD-R A-846 ATA Superdrive. I'm desparate, please help me fellow MACCIES!

Edited by forevergone