Boot hangs after install Jas 10.4.8

3on

7 posts in this topic

I installed Jas last dvd twice, with and without the NATIT kext and both time I get the same thing.

I thought it could be a b0 error but it didn't change a thing.

jasinstallbugjc9.jpg

I also could not erase my drive or even create partitions, I had to use my Jas DVD 10.4.6.

I read on other post and on IRC that other guys out there have the same problem.

Let's get organize and post here our solutions !

when you boot into osx press F8 and type -x to boot into safe user mode. or you could also press ctrl alt shift but -x works better. Once you are logged in go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove your kext files. I would back them up.

Brad

Hi,

well, using JaS 10.4.7 was ok, but after installing JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3, it hangs during boot on grey apple, and with -v flag, it shows:

post-69579-1168189171_thumb.gif

what to do to fix this problem ???

thx in advance...

I had that problem once. Try these two things first:

1. Boot with -v -f

If one doesn't work get a screw driver and open your PC up and place your DVD and HD on the same IDE channel. Remember to use the jumpers to select which one is master and slave. I was able to put the devices in cable select mode and it worked. However that might not work for you. If you have two DVD/CD drives remember to disable the secondary drive!