SATA drive isn't recognized on intel 915 chipset board!

jpincheira

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, first of all, happy new year!

Now... I bought a 160 gb western digital sata drive, but I didn't find a way to get it working, I just got "IOATAfamily" error when I boot the the verbose option (-v) (That's when I try a JaS dvd installation). And when I boot from mi pata drive (where I have os x installed right know) it doesn't recognize it too.

Here I attach a screenshot of the system profiler showing there aren't sata drives (recognized).

So, what have I to do?? I've been searching in the forums by 2 days, but I didn't find nothing related to sata drives on intel ICH6 (d915gag) mobos.

I hope you reply (al least to say I'm just talking about I don't know) lol.

Bye!!

:blink:

post-21833-1167875451_thumb.png

Edited by jpincheira

some computer specs would be nice. (well i see 915gag, sorry. ich6 should work fine)

ive got a intel 915guxlkr and sata drives without a problem.

what install did you use?

Edited by DiaboliK

Hi DiaboliK, I have an intel d915gag motherboard and that's, and a sata disk, I don't know what more can I say about the specs, hmm, ICH6 (which is common on d915 chipsets).

About the Install: I tried JaS 10.4.7 and JaS 10.4.8 and all of them gives me the same error (then it finishes in a "can't get root device".

Hope it clears a bit this, thanks!

Edited by jpincheira

ive been crusing our wiki and the 915gag has everything supported since 10.4.4

id say do a fresh install again from a 10.4.4 based disk like jas' sse3 8.8.1 kernel disk not the new one out with sse2 and amd included

thats becasue it cant find your drives at the darwin boot menu add the flags: -v -f

Edited by DiaboliK

so you say me that I have to try the 10.4.4 dvd, but if it's not get the sata drive?? Isn't better to install the kext from 10.4.4?? (I don't know, just asking, anyway, there are 4.3 gbs I will have download just for try if that will work) :blink:

Thanks!!