OSX/Windows XP Dual Boot on Toshiba Satellite A105-S4074

hawkn564

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am pretty new to "dual booting" and need serious help with this. I really want to dual boot on my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite, but dont really know how. Here is my hardware, if that will help:

CPU- Intel Centrino Duo

HDD- Toshiba HDD (I assume HDD doesnt really matter)

Display Adapter- Mobile Intel 945GM chipset

NIC- Intel Pro/wireless 3945ABG

If I'm missing anything important, please let me know. I really need help with this.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have the exact same computer and I do a triple boot with XP/Ubuntu/OSX. It is really easy to do this since you have a big harddrive. I used Gparted from DISTROWATCH.com and split to 1 NTFS part, 1 linux part and 1 fat32 (for the OSX), and 1gb for a linux swap partition. Installed Xp first then ubuntu and then osx. Had to go into grub boot loader in ubuntu and edit the last line to add osx. Still have no internet at all on my osx or sound. But have tried hours and hours to no avail. Everytime I enter the kexts for the pcmcia card the light will light on my card but then the system stalls and I have to reinstall my whole os. I you need further help just ask and if you have any insight please by all means help!

Hello,

I have the exact same computer and I do a triple boot with XP/Ubuntu/OSX. It is really easy to do this since you have a big harddrive. I used Gparted from DISTROWATCH.com and split to 1 NTFS part, 1 linux part and 1 fat32 (for the OSX), and 1gb for a linux swap partition. Installed Xp first then ubuntu and then osx. Had to go into grub boot loader in ubuntu and edit the last line to add osx. Still have no internet at all on my osx or sound. But have tried hours and hours to no avail. Everytime I enter the kexts for the pcmcia card the light will light on my card but then the system stalls and I have to reinstall my whole os. I you need further help just ask and if you have any insight please by all means help!

Theblade, can you type a bit how you installed it? Which things you did different maybe?

I've asked around for installing on a A100-796 but got little reaction. Did you got any errors while installing or did it ran through instantly? etc. Anything is welcome. I'll be installing it on a new laptop which will arrive somewhere next week