Boot Problems

TheZc

5 posts in this topic

Im having a problem booting OSX. I currently get the error message "Still waiting for Boot Device". I installed the tiger_x86_flat.img by coping that file and then running the dd command "CD = c:\" It installed in about 5 minutes.

My system is the following, Intel p4 @3.0 ghz, Asus P4P800-E, 1.5gb DDR, Ati 9600 A.I.W Pro, Sony 4x DVD Burner, 1 150gb SATA Drive, 250gb SATA Drive both on a Promise Fast Track Card, 40gb Scsi 10k Drive, Adaptec SCSI 360 Card, and both my mouse and keyboard are USB.

So far I have tried booting into safe mode -x and -v mode. I have also had the keyboard and mouse disconnected as saw somthing about it waking up the computer from sleep mode and when I had them off that message dissapeered and I still got the error.

In my BIOS my boot settings are with the SCSI drive selected first.

Im going to try it in Single user mode as we speak.

That message appears frequently when a kext is trying to connect to an disk interface, since SATA is only supported on Intel chipsets and anly in "compatible" mode (and some VIA chipset also) so if your Mac OS X is on the SCSI disk it needs a driver that enable the interface. And obviously the Promise card has no drivers, at least for mac OS X X86.

Im having a problem booting OSX. I currently get the error message "Still waiting for Boot Device". I installed the tiger_x86_flat.img by coping that file and then running the dd command "CD = c:\" It installed in about 5 minutes.

My system is the following, Intel p4 @3.0 ghz, Asus P4P800-E, 1.5gb DDR, Ati 9600 A.I.W Pro, Sony 4x DVD Burner, 1 150gb SATA Drive, 250gb SATA Drive both on a Promise Fast Track Card, 40gb Scsi 10k Drive, Adaptec SCSI 360 Card, and both my mouse and keyboard are USB.

So far I have tried booting into safe mode -x and -v mode. I have also had the keyboard and mouse disconnected as saw somthing about it waking up the computer from sleep mode and when I had them off that message dissapeered and I still got the error.

In my BIOS my boot settings are with the SCSI drive selected first.

Im going to try it in Single user mode as we speak.

Any progress with the Promise? I'm trying to make an install DVD for a Hypersonic Aviator, which uses the Promise FastTrack 100 0x0d30105a

• 2 years later...