Ac97 audio guide doenst wotk

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I followed the instructions in the audio help section, I downloaded the appleac97audio.kext and got it all installed. But when i reboot my computer, it claims " The system extension AppleAC97Audio,kext was installed improerly and cannot be used"

I searched the forms for someone with a similar problem. Cant find any posts. Can someone help me?

thank you

Hey guys,

I followed the instructions in the audio help section, I downloaded the appleac97audio.kext and got it all installed. But when i reboot my computer, it claims " The system extension AppleAC97Audio,kext was installed improerly and cannot be used"

I searched the forms for someone with a similar problem. Cant find any posts. Can someone help me?

thank you

That happens when it has improper permissions/ownership.

Check in Terminal for root:wheel onwnership and rw-r--r-- permissions, if not do the following

sudo -s

chmod -R 644 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/

chown -R root.wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/

Thank's everyone for your help. My problem is that I dont have that AppleAc97 folder in my System directory.

I installed OSX using the generic install DVD. Everything works fine, but I dont have the AppleAC97 folder. But i got hold of the kext on the internet and put it in the correct folder. Thats where the problems started.

Curious, why didnt I get the kext when I installed it?

( I hate being a newbie, But i'm determined to burn windows in a hot pile of melting brimstone. )

- Dharbot

i follow this guide and it doesnt work. I cant kextload the appleac97audiointelich.kext

I kextload the appleac97audio.kext and still nothing. I tried getting ym vendor and device d and input that but i dont see the **other ids** in the info.plist.

any clues? thanks

I had the same problem as you. Then i took MacGirl's advice and started all over again.

I got my copy from http://pearpc.heartstringz.net/board/downl...f5156614abb70c9

After you extract and copy the kext into

/System/Library/Extensions/

Set the premissions like MacGirl said

"

sudo -s

chmod -R 644 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/

chown -R root.wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/

"

Now you load load the kext

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

kextload AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

If everything is okay, you should have sound!

Clean your extensions cache and Reboot:

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

I didn't have to mess with the Plist. If i'm not mistaken that is only for Nvidia cards? I'm not sure. Pardon my Newbiness!