Help installing from the "Generic Install" DVD

Stu L Tissimus

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've downloaded the "Generic Install" ISO and burnt it to a DVD. It boots, but once I get to the grey screen with the apple logo and the little circle with the notches that keep lighting up, it just keeps doing exactly that. The little notches just keep lighting up in a circle. I left it doing this for at least two hours and nothing's happened. Any ideas?

Guys, I have both the so called generic dvd (which doesn't boot for me) probably doing something wrong and the bz2 file which after decompressing it, turned out to be the Maklar-tiger.img...now some other folks have said they've got the generic-tiger.img or iso file...haven't come across that one ....anyways...i'm real stuck...i'm not sure if this "so called" generic dvd does really boot...I'm gonna try deleting existing partitions manually and see if that works for a change..

i downloaded this one with many archives and got marklar-tiger.iso or something like this, which i patched with tm and maxxus antitpm 0.5. then burn on a dvd+rw. it boots and installs mac os x86 onto one of my partitions and everything works fine...

Okay, when I used the -x -v platform=x86pc line, it worked and I got into the GUI installer. However, it didn't seem to find my hard drive, which has an NTFS partition and a partition with the "af" ID. Any ideas on how to make it do these? Or is that just part of the TPM stuff?