Ventura Sandy Bridge Installer Problems

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone, I've got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 laptop that I've managed to get working properly with macOS High Sierra. I'm able to push the laptop up to macOS Monterey 12.7, and bring it up to speed with OCLP. I really want to run macOS Ventura on it, if at all possible, but I realize that this could be a huge ask.

I've managed to learn about CryptexFixup (which appears to have resolved the dyld-related kernel panic after installation), that physically removing my disk drive resolves AHCI error 0xe0030005, and about a bunch of OpenCore parameters for installing Ventura. These parameters appear to work fine on macOS Monterey, but Ventura is a whole other animal.

Even after applying certain kexts/parameters, macOS Ventura will crash after installation, reboot into recovery, and tell me that macOS needs to be reinstalled. I've tried installing Ventura from scratch, and as a system update from macOS Monterey. Both produce the exact same result. I believe that the installer doesn't entirely finish because the result isn't bootable on my other systems, but I'm not sure if this is because my other systems are Haswell and newer and don't need the pre-AVX2.0 dyld shared cache.

I was hoping that someone here might know how I could fix my EFI in order to get macOS Ventura to successfully install. I've uploaded the whole thing to Google Drive for download. Finally, if anyone knows how to make the kernel play nicely with the disk drive I'd greatly appreciate it. (Not sure if this is related to the problem or not.)