Mackbook Pro M2

7 posts in this topic

I purchased a macbook pro M2 and cannot get screen mirroring to work, it doesnt populate even though my LG webos television is on the same network both using wifi

any ideas, the LG was purchased last year same as the macbook pro 

@fuzzylogic

Complete the topic with something more specific, screen mirroring or something like that.
Does the M2 not duplicate the screen even if the lid is closed and it is connected to the power?
Are you trying to mirror the screen via the TV's HDMI connection or via Wi-Fi?

I have not tried to close the lid of the macbook pro, simply because in the screen mirror list my television is not their, i have already pointed out that this is via WIFI and the television and the mac are both on the same wifi network, I also have bluetooth enabled,

since the television is not listed, yet ironically my mobile phone does show up on the television (again on the same wifi network) i am not sure if the issue is Sonoma as a few macbook pro m2 owners are experiencing the same, thats why i thought to try here, perhaps someone on here may have a solution? Television is LG web os and does show my mobile, but not the mac 

thankyou for getting back to me

• 2 weeks later...

no, not a chance simply because in order to screen mirror to my television, you have to see it in the list of items to connect it too, I gave up in the end mac are good at {censored} their customers over, ironically if i pay and download software that finds my television and connects to it, the only problem with it is it is very laggy and my wifi router and mac pro m2 are in the same room line of sight, so perhaps thats the reason why mac decided it wasnt worth the hassle and to make it none functional, screen mirror (not to be confused with screen share) doesnt work, my android works fine to my television which I purchased last year its an LG