Ventura reboot after use Win 11 (dualboot)

6 posts in this topic

I have a trouble with dualboot - Ventura and Windows 11. They are installed on different disks but have one common EFI. Ventura can reboot after short time and then boot with report of crash. I turn on Bootstrep and in the quircks CustomSMBIOSGuide and UpdateSMBios - Custom. I have the latest opencore with the kexts. I have a diagnostic report with logs. Please look at my logs. What can be done? Maybe need to split the loaders on the different disks somehow?

i3-10105, Asrock H470, DDR4 8Gb, RX470 Sapphire 4Gb, SSd and Hdd

DiagnosticReports 2.zip

Based on your description, the issue revolves around the shared EFI partition. 

Separating the EFI loaders onto different disks can help. This can help isolate the boot environments of each OS, potentially reducing conflicts.

Also, ensuring that your OpenCore configuration is fully compatible with both Ventura and Windows 11 is important. This includes verifying that your kexts are up to date and correctly configured for your hardware.

I'd also recommend checking out this guide. Might offer some good tips.

Alright, good luck! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArcaneRhapsody said:

Based on your description, the issue revolves around the shared EFI partition. 

Separating the EFI loaders onto different disks can help. This can help isolate the boot environments of each OS, potentially reducing conflicts.

Yes, you right! I also thinking about separate loaders but is question - how? I have an empty partition on other disk without EFI. If I try to put there Win bootloader (EFI)? I don't want to touch MacOS EFI. 

Actually I have the other PC and win 10 with Ventura are living on different disks with bootloaders on different disks too and there is no problem! Can I copy situation like this?

Edited by sphinx84

On 12/8/2023 at 8:08 AM, sphinx84 said:

Yes, you right! I also thinking about separate loaders but is question - how? I have an empty partition on other disk without EFI. If I try to put there Win bootloader (EFI)? I don't want to touch MacOS EFI. 

Actually I have the other PC and win 10 with Ventura are living on different disks with bootloaders on different disks too and there is no problem! Can I copy situation like this?

You're on the right track with the idea of separating the EFI loaders. Doing this can indeed help reduce conflicts between macOS Ventura and Windows 11 by isolating their boot environments. To achieve this, you can move the Windows bootloader to the empty partition on your other disk. You'll need to use a tool like EasyUEFI or a similar EFI management utility to create and manage the EFI entries for Windows.

As for your macOS EFI, if it's working fine, there's no need to alter it. Your setup on the other PC with Windows 10 and Ventura on separate disks is a good example to follow. Essentially, you're aiming to replicate that stable environment.

Just be cautious and back up your data before making these changes.

Good luck!

You need check if you are using FULL Opencore or MOD. If you are using SSDTS or DSDT. 

To Install Windows Boot Manager, I recomende unplug macOs partition. And vice versa. When you install macOs, unplug Windows Partition. 

If you are use DSDT with Opencore NO ACPI (or MOD) you not will have trouble, but need check OCValidate first. 

If you will use only SSDTS on ACPI folder, you can use Opencore FULL from GITHUB. 

Your config on Quirks its ok, but need check if your SecureBootModel on Misc>Security is set Default

If you installed Windows and macOS on seperate physical disks, both disks will have their own EFI Partition.

You should put the OC folder into the EFI folder of the macOS disk and leave the EFI folder on the Windows disk untouched.

To me, this sounds more like a config issue. When did this issue start?